Smith Robertson & Company Limited was established by Mr Adam Smith and Mr William Robertson in 1894. The company was incorporated in March 1929 and was located in Chacon Street Port Of Spain. The Company was initially in the indent business but added many additional agencies over the years.
In 1994 the company relocated its facilities to a main Distribution Centre at the corner of the Churchill Roosevelt Highway and Macoya Road. In 1998 Smith Robertson was acquired by Victor E. Mouttet Limited and restructured so as to be focused only on the distribution of Pharmaceutical and Personal Care products.
In July 2010 Smith Robertson moved its operations into a new purpose built Office and Distribution Centre at Aranguez, San Juan which provides for significant expansion opportunities. Coinciding with this move, the Company was acquired by Agostini’s Limited and one year later the operations of Agostini Pharmaceutical Limited (a subsidiary of Agostini’s Limited) were merged into Smith Robertson.